Who doesn’t love a taco night? I don’t know about you but I love a good Mexican. There’s so many options and making a home made meal makes it that much better! One of my favourite meals has to be tacos with home made salsa , homemade guacamole, sour cream and cheese.
Heres a simple, quick and easy recipe for homemade quorn tacos. Making your own salsa and guacamole adds two of your five a day!
For the guacamole:
1 lime, juiced.
1 red onion, diced
1 small red chilli, finely chopped
a handfull of fresh coriander, finely chopped.
1. Cut open the avocado using a knife (be careful!)
2. Stone the avocado and scoop out filling into a bowl. Crush the avocado until mashed.
3. Mix in all ingredients, season to taste.
For the salsa:
4-6 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
½ red onion, very finely chopped
1 small garlic clove, crushed
A splash white wine vinegar
½ lime, juice only
½ bunch coriander, roughly chopped
Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
For the taco mix:
1 pack of taco shells
1 tin of refried beans
300g bag quorn mince
1 large onion
1 garlic clove
1 tsp each of cinnamon, cumin, chilli powder.
2 tblsp tomato purée
1 tin chopped tomatoes
2 tsp oregano
Chopped mixed peppers
1. Heat the oil in a pan. Saute the onion and garlic for 2 minutes, then add the chilli powder, cumin and cinnamon and cook for minute.
2. Stir in the Quorn Mince, coating it well with the spices, then add peppers, tomatoes, refried beans tomato puree and oregano. Stir in the coriander. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
For best results, fill the taco shell with the quorn mixture first. Add toppings as you please, top with a sprinkle of cheese and enjoy!
If you try this recipe and enjoy it be sure to tag @f.i.g_nutrition_ in any pictures and let me know how you get on!